Social Media & Branding Intern
Location: Bellingham, WA
Commitment: 8-15 Hours Per Week, Flexible Time
Benefits: University Credit or Service Hours
This position will be hired in January
A wildly excitable and excruciatingly detail-oriented student who loves the idea of capturing the best of moments and making them look good on our social media channels. The ideal candidate has some capable chops with Instagram, Facebook Pages, Twitter and LinkedIn, and has taken some upper-level courses in their major. They also are ready to learn and come with a desire to try out new skills in a supportive environment.
We're the power and voice behind our changing city. A 501(c)3 organization, the Downtown Bellingham Partnership is empowering our city's downtown to change the status quo and showcase the talent, beauty and vibrance our community has built. The Partnership is rapidly changing to refresh our image and aggressively work towards the revitalization of our downtown while better connecting with our audiences.
The Downtown Bellingham Partnership has a sizable social media presence, with a combined follower base of 10,000+. But that's not what we care about, instead, our everything is connecting with and showcasing our community. For 2017, we are revamping our brand image and overhauling our social media presence. We're looking for an intern who wants to be a key player in this project. Responsibilities will include roaming the downtown core for content to share, drafting social media posting plans, interviewing local businesses for social media posts, brainstorming ideas for content and assisting in responsive communications.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a career in social media, PR, branding, marketing or a related field.
- An interest in urban planning and downtown redevelopment issues, or an interest to learn about these issues.
- Experience managing social media pages/presences for a business, non-profit or an official entity.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of social media best practices, including link shortening, photo usage, etc.
- Being comfortable approaching business owners and city officials with professionalism.
- A smart sense for recognizing and judging appropriate comments and interactions on social media.
- Knowledge of basic branding and marketing concepts.
Sound like a fit? Send us your application below!